We will begin preparing the site for demolition, and pre-demolition activities will begin in late September 2010. A majority of the demolition work will occur within the old I-170 highway area, but lane closures and traffic delays should be expected on certain sections of West Franklin Street, West Mulberry Street, and US 40.
Things you will see happening during September:
- Security fencing for demolition site will be installed
- Trailers will be set up on site to house construction field offices
- Traffic signs and message boards will be installed
- Measurement equipment will be used around the demolition site
- Equipment for the demolition will be moved onto the site
- Vibra-Tech, Inc. will be offering free inspections to residents and businesses closest to the demolition site, in order to document the current condition of your exterior and interior walls in case there are impacts as a result of vibration
We will keep the website up-to-date with more details and information as the project moves forward. Please look out for additional mailings and project newsletters to find out the latest updates as well.
Click here to download the Demolition Informational Flyer for information about what to expect during the demolition.